CGCER International Conference 2015: Global Education, Common Wealth and Uncommon Citizenships is an interdisciplinary conference on social theory, methods, and empirical research from a wide range of disciplines to discuss and present their scholarly work and research. The conference sessions will have two formats: 1) paper presentation and 2) poster session. We welcome proposals related to the above theoretical and practical questions and other relevant topics in the contexts of international education, social foundations of education, higher education, K-12 education, adult education, community education, and related educational policy areas.
The Centre for Global Citizenship Education & Research (CGCER) invites proposals for paper and poster sessions that address the following themes:
- Global citizenship education: policies, pedagogies, curriculums
- Contested citizenships and pedagogies of resistance
- Indigenous knowledges and citizenship
- Global citizenship, eco-knowledges, eco-feminism, and eco-pedagogies
- Education in the Anthropocene and environmental justice
- Global education and epistemic decolonization
- Global social justice and citizenship
- Critical pedagogies and global citizenship
- Community engaged scholarship and pedagogies
We welcome multi-disciplinary and transdisciplinary research. Note there will also be some space designated for performance and visual art presentation of research related to the conference themes.
Visit the conference webpage for more information about proposal submission and registration.